so, who’s actually watching videos on his mobile?
Nielsen Wire published the other week a survey’s conclusion, according to which over 10 million Americans consume video content on their mobiles. That’s a 14% rise compared to Q2 2008. What’s the common profile of these mobile video consumers? Here are some facts about them, taken from Nielsen Wires website:
– 65% of mobile video viewers are under the age of 35 – compared to 35% for total mobile subscribers
– 32% of mobile video viewers are between 25-34 years old
– 18% of mobile video viewers are teens – an avid and engaged mobile video segment
– On average, teens watch 22 mobile video sessions per month and spend 15 minutes per session viewing mobile video
– Over half of teens (54%) report watching video on their cell phones in bed – that’s 1.5x more likely than average viewers
– 64% of teens report watching programs to completion – the highest portion of any age group
– Teens are watching an average of 11.7 channels a month on their cell phones
– Teens are also more interested in seeing more user-generated content in the future than average viewers
Now all it takes is for the advertisers to grasp the potential and there’s really no stopping us…
~ by sendvideotomobile on December 18, 2008.